Android Pie 9.0.0 for Nitrogen8M
Android 9 Pie for Boundary Devices Nitrogen8M¶
by Roberto Sartori
The Nitrogen8M is an ARM based single board computer (SBC) designed to leverage the full capabilities of NXP’s i.MX8M Quad processor. It includes an accessory kit option with a 5V Power Supply, Battery, and Serial Console Cable. The Nitrogen8M is designed for mass production use with a guaranteed 10 year life span, FCC Pre-scan results, and a stable supply chain. Industrial temperature and conformal coating options are available.
Here are some important remarks about our build:
- Android 9.0, U-Boot 2018.07, Linux Kernel 4.14
- Compatible with the Nitrogen8M single board computer
- Compatible with any HDMI display
- Compatible with the BD080MCC1 MIPI display from Boundary Devices
- Userdebug build with permissive SELinux and disabled DM Verity
- Android Verified Boot disabled
- Android A/B partitions disabled,
- This is an unsupported release. For commercial support please contact us.
The following steps will guide you through the installation of Nitrogen8M on the Nitrogen8M.
- Nitrogen8M single board computer with 2GB of RAM
- HDMI display - this release is tested with a FULL-HD display
- Alternatively to the HDMI, the BD080MCC1 MIPI display
- The serial console cable adapter for the Boundary boards
- A host computer running GNU/Linux, MacOS or Windows
Optional for debugging:
- Micro USB cable - adb access
- Kynetics Android 9.0 binary archive (to be released)
- Android platform tools installed on the host computer - Optional for debugging
On Linux systems, connect the serial cable from the board to the host computer.
Then, enter fastboot mode on the Nitrogen8M board:
- Press the FASTBOOT button on the board while powering it up, U-Boot should automatically start fastboot
- From U-Boot prompt, enter the following command:
=> fastboot 0
From the Host PC:
$ unzip p900-nitrogen8m-*.zip -d p900-nitrogen8m $ cd p900-nitrogen8m ./p900-nitrogen8m$ ./device/boundary/scripts/flash_fastboot.sh
As this is the first release of Android 9.0 for the Boundary Devices Nitrogen8M, there are issues that will be solved in future releases:
- The recovery mode is not working
Enjoy the Art of Coding™